New Year’s Evening police guidelines in Hyderabad. : According to the Hyderabad police, hotels and pubs hosting New Year’s Eve events must ensure that working CCTV cameras are installed at all entry and exit points, as well as parking areas.
As pubs and hotels in Hyderabad prepare to host New Year’s Eve parties, the Hyderabad Police have issued a set of guidelines to be followed by the management of all such establishments on the night between December 31, 2022 and January 1, 2023.
Police have asked managers of three-star and higher hotels, clubs, and pubs to install adequate CCTV cameras and keep sound levels below 45 decibels. They have also been instructed not to serve liquor after hours and not to allow obscenity or nudity in any performances. Here is the complete list of guidelines issued by Hyderabad Commissioner of Police CV Anand.
New Year’s Evening police guidelines in Hyderabad.
- Event and party organisers must ensure that working CCTV cameras are installed at all entry and exit points, as well as parking spaces.
- Organizers must ensure “decency of apparel, dance acts, gestures, and words,” and police have stated that “obscenity and nudity” are not permitted in any of the performances.
- Minors must not be admitted to events organised for couples, as well as events held in pubs and bars.
- Liquor cannot be served outside of the hours set by the Excise Department.
- It is the responsibility of pub and bar management to arrange for drivers or cabs for customers who leave the establishment in a drunken state.
- Event organisers have been asked to explain to customers the concept of a ‘designated driver for the day,’ in which one person who does not drink heavily can safely drive their companion’s home after the event.
- Organisers have been warned not to allow anyone to use drugs or narcotics, and to pay close attention to parking lots and other areas where drugs could be sold covertly.
- No fireworks are permitted.
- Sound levels must be kept at or below 45 decibels.
- Event organisers must ensure that no more passes or tickets are sold than the venue’s capacity, as this could lead to law-and-order issues.
- Organizers will need to make special parking arrangements and ensure that traffic flows freely.
- Organizers will need to hire enough security guards to manage parking inside the venue as well as traffic in front of the entry and exit gates.
- The organisers will be required to provide adequate security guards for traffic management as well as security for their establishment.
- No firearms are permitted into the venue.
- All pubs and hotels hosting events or parties until 1 a.m. on January 1 must apply to the Commissioner for permission at least 10 days in advance.
- Organizers must keep the venue orderly.
Management of hotels, clubs, pubs, bars, and restaurants will be required to post an advisory informing customers about the permissible alcohol levels for driving (up to 30 mg/100 ml of blood) and the consequences of drunk driving and dangerous driving under The Motor Vehicles Act.